Thursday, October 17, 2013

Cute Free Skirt Patterns

I thought I would try something a little new for this post. The internet is a vast world with so many amazing free tutorials out there. This is a list of some awesome free skirt tutorials that I have come across:

1. High-Wasted Sash Skirt
This beautiful skirt is from the blog This Big Oak Tree. I love the fabric pattern used in this tutorial, and love love the big sash bow!

2. Easy Elastic Waistband Skirt
This skirt is from the blog Sewbon. This tutorial looks simple and easy and oh so beautiful! Again I love the fabric chosen! I also love the belt seen in the pictures....

3. The Socialite Skirt
This skirt is from the blog Leanne Barlow: Elle Apparel. This tutorial looks very detailed and easy to follow. This blogger gives you many step by step details to follow, and it ends in another gorgeous skirt.

4. So-Sew-Easy Skirt
This skirt tutorial is from So-Sew-Easy. This was a sew along that is complete now. From this page you can follow all of the links to each step to complete this beautiful skirt. This is a beginners step by step tutorial that teaches you everything you'll need to know to complete your very own handmade skirt that will fit you well.

5. Paris Skirt
This skirt tutorial is from the blog Nothing Too Fancy. This tutorial starts out giving instructions of how to determine the measurements for your skirt to make it fit you perfectly. Make sure to read the few notes at the bottom of the page before starting your skirt.

I absolutely love all five of these skirts, and think that the tutorials make them all look so simple. I can't wait to have a shot at one of these, though it'll have to be on the back burner for a while for me with all my other projects going on! I hope you find one you love and want to try :) Happy sewing :)





2 comments:

  1. Being a guy I'm not likely to make any skirts for myself, but I still wanted to comment and say I think it's really cool to post about this! Happy to read you've still got lots of projects in the works too! I'm sure you'll keep us updated as usual. I also noticed you updated the blog's design a bit, looks good Suzy!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thank you! And I'm glad you like the updates :)

      Delete