Saturday, October 19, 2013

Wire-Wrapped Bead Rings!


I'm so excited! I tried my hand at a wire ring a couple weeks back....and let's just say it didn't quite go as well as I wanted it to. Shocking, you didn't see a post about that ;)...But! I did some research, figured out the gauge of wire suggested for ring making, and found an awesome tutorial on Pinterest that made it look so easy! This Simple Wire-Wrapped Ring Tutorial is from the blog Lytha Studios.

So here's what I went to buy today from old faithful Joann Fabrics:

 
I purchased myself a ring mandrel, and some 18 guage tarnish resistant wire! And I pulled up the wire ring tutorial on Pinterest and got to crafting!

 
I made three different rings with this tutorial using a large round stone bead, a smaller round bead with gold detailing, and a smaller square bead. I am soooo excited about how these turned out, and can't wait to wear them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment