Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Wedding Present Quilt


On March 6, 2013 one of my best friends of 20 years got married! We've known each other since we were 6 years old, so have gone through all of the awkard stages of life together. We're now to the responsible adult stage, which isn't as fun as you believed it to be once you get here ;). Though, marriage is definitely the big perk of the adult stage; finding that person to spend the rest of your life with. I believe my friend has certainly found this in her husband, and hope that they have a wonderful life together.

As their wedding present I decided to make them a quilt. I got the pattern from the April/May 13 Edition of Quilt Magazine, the name of the quilt is "Boxed In" by Bev Getschel. My friends favorite color is red, so this seemed like the perfect quilt for her. I love all of the different sized boxes and patterns, it's so random that it all goes perfectly together. This is my second completed quilt and I couldn't be happier! And I couldn't be happier to gift this to my friend and her husband :)




No comments:

Post a Comment