Saturday, January 18, 2014

Bead Bracelets and DIY


I've recently made some bead bracelets starting with the leather and bead bracelet I made for my friend for Christmas (picture is in my previous post). Going along with that technique I made a couple more bracelets. This bracelet is now available to buy in my Etsy shop SeamsStraight:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/173053593/leather-beaded-metal-button-clasp?ref=listing-shop-header-1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/173053593/leather-beaded-metal-button-clasp?ref=listing-shop-header-1
This bracelet alternates between a round, blue bead and a square, metal bead. For the clasp, I used a metal button in the shape of a flower that is pulled through a loop to close the bracelet. From here I decided to make a wrap bracelet. I think these bracelets are just gorgeous, and this technique is great to use for the wrapped look. This bracelet is also available in my Etsy shop:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/176256323/leather-beaded-metal-button-clasp-wrap?ref=shop_home_active_1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/176256323/leather-beaded-metal-button-clasp-wrap?ref=shop_home_active_1
This bracelet alternates between round, glass, black beads and blue bicone crystal beads. The clasp is a unique round, metal button. I'm thrilled with how both of these bracelets turned out and am tempted to keep them for myself!
 
The last bracelet I've made recently is a super easy bracelet to do and is my DIY for this post :). For my bracelet I used clear, stretchy cord called Stretch Magic that I purchased from Joann Fabrics:
All you have to do with this stuff is basically string your beads and tie a knot, resulting in some beautiful bracelets! This is the bracelet that I have made so far:
 

The large metal beads and square smaller beads were both purchased at Joann Fabrics. The small, red accent bead I purchased at a local bead shop, but any colorful bead can be used to add a splash of color to your bracelet. The metal, 2 hole beads I use are Swarovski Sliders and the square gray beads are hematite stone both available at Joann Fabrics. The way these metal beads are made, I was able to tie the knots in the cord behind one, so the finishing knots are not seen at all when wearing the bracelet.

Enjoy making your own beautiful bracelets and please share if you do! :)

1 comment:

  1. What unique designs for the bracelets! I'm finding it difficult choosing a favorite between the first two, but why choose? ; ) JoAnn's probably loves it when they see you walking in! It's impressive that you can just pick out beads and come up with such neat ideas. Keep being creative and as always thanks for sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete