Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Beads Galore!


I have come to the realization that I have crafting ADHD. This blog is like a box of chocolates! You never know which craft you’re going to get next :P….don’t think too hard on it, it makes sense I promise. I’ve ordered stuff from ol’ truthful Amazon, so the actual earring making will be on hold for just a bit. I’ve kind of done some overhauling and have decided that I’m going to do everything with sterling silver. I wore the earrings with the findings (another new word I’ve learned recently!) I bought at Joann Fabrics, and my ears are in serious pain. So I’ve made quite a few sterling silver purchases on Amazon, and it’s just a waiting game….have I mentioned that I am not a patient person?....cause I’m really not. But, I think if I’m going to make earrings and spend money on awesome beads, then I want to do it right and hopefully the earrings will have a long lifetime and not hurt my ears (or someone elses if I get into selling earrings ;) ).
But I have gone bead crazy! Crazy I tell you! There’s a small bead shop in my town that a friend told me about, and it is AWESOME!! Wall to wall of beads from all over the world, and you can purchase as few as just 1 bead, you don’t have to buy an entire string of beads at outrageous prices. One bead can cost you anywhere from $0.03 and up. Joann’s watch out (though the bead place was here before Joann’s, so perhaps the bead shop should watch out….this is a chicken and egg ordeal)! Check out all of the beautiful beads I wrangled up:


I cannot wait to make some beautiful earrings with all of these. I have so many ideas floating around in my head that I want to try out. We’ll see how it goes. Stay posted for finished results! (Hurry up Amazon!...)

2 comments:

  1. Woah! Beads of every shape and size! The "chicken and egg ordeal" line made me laugh pretty good. I like that your always finding new ways to expand your hobby, it's inspiring. Amazon is home to many treasures so I'm sure they'll treat you right! As always, keep up the good work Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Joshua for following my blog! I'm super excited to see what I can make with these beautiful beads :)

      Delete